- Leg or shoulder of lamb (a per 2-4 people depending on the size)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 Tbs rosemary
- 2 Tbs thyme
Pierce the lamb with a knife, and insert garlic. Marinate overnight in olive oil, wine, rosemary and thyme in the refrigerator.
- Fire your oven until hot, and then let the heat fall to a low to moderate temperature, roughly 350-400ºF.
- If you have fired your oven for a longer period (90 minutes or more), rake out the coals to allow the temperature to keep falling.
- If you do not have enough retained heat in the oven, you can leave a small fire, or coals at the start of cooking.
- Place the lamb in a terracotta dish and add some fresh rosemary.
- You can even throw some fresh rosemary in the oven. It adds some spice to the air and the food.
- Roast for approximately 30 minutes per pound for medium-doneness